Online Contest Runs 01/18/2016 06:00am - 02/15/2016 05:59am
WSHE-FM – THE MOST BEAUTIFUL EYES IN CHICAGO PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
1. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited.
In order to enter, listen to 100.3 WSHE from Monday, January 18, 2016, through Sunday, February 7, 2016 (“Promotion Period”); at various times during the Promotion Period 100.3 WSHE will play a :60 promotional spot directing listeners to “Shazam” a close up unedited photo of his/her eye color composition now for a chance to enter the promotion; listeners will then be directed to a page within Shazam with a touch button where they can enter the Promotion via a mobile website promotion page. OR, listeners may enter by going to www.wshechicago.com, click on the “Most Beautiful Eyes in Chicago” icon and complete the entry form (which includes uploading an unedited photo of his/her eye color composition). OR, listeners may enter by sending an unedited photo of their eyes to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting a mobile entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the mobile number is registered. The winner may be required to provide evidence that the winner is the authorized account holder of the mobile number associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and any applicable Limit: One entry per person during the duration of the promotion.
100.3 WSHE is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the promotion line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems or human error which may or may not result from this promotion.
2. HOW THE WINNER IS CHOSEN. Enter pursuant to Paragraph 1 above. From the entries submitted, a panel of judges comprised of WSHE staff members, in their sole and absolute discretion, will determine five semi-finalists who receive the five (5) highest scores based on, but not limited to, the following judging criteria: (1) beauty of iris color(s) (49%), and (2) uniqueness of iris composition (51%). In the event of a tie, the contestant with the highest score in the uniqueness of iris composition category will be deemed the winner from among all tying contestants. Once the five (5) semi-finalists are selected using the preceding judging criteria, from 9 a.m. on Tuesday, February 9, 2016, through 11:59:59 p.m. on Sunday, February 14, 2016 (“Public Voting Period”), viewers may log on to www.wshechicago.com and vote for the “eyes” that they would like to win; no limit on the number of votes per person during the Public Voting Period. The “eyes” with the most votes during the Public Voting Period will be deemed the winner. In the event of a tie, the Public Voting Period will be extended for twenty-four (24) additional hours to break the tie. If after the extended twenty-four (24) hour period a tie still exists, the names of all tying entries will be put in a random drawing to determine the winner.
3. PRIZE. There will be one (1) winner in this promotion. The winner will receive $1,000, and his/her eyes (which will be professional photographed at the WSHE Studios before February 26th, 2016 and with approval and/or editing in WSHE’s sole and absolute discretion) will be on display throughout the Chicagoland area on a billboard.
By accepting the prize, the winner grants Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station 100.3 SHE (WSHE-FM) and their subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, and advertising and promotional agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) the right to use and publish winner’s proper name, state of residence and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes on-line and in print, or in any other media worldwide in connection with the Promotion, without limitation and without additional compensation except where prohibited. Prize winner (and/or the winner’s parent and/or legal guardian if the winner is a minor) will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release prior to receiving winnings. Noncompliance with these requirements, ineligibility, or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
A qualified winner must also meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 4 of these rules. The winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes. A 1099 will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing the Prize Release, the winner accepts the prize, and even if the winner does not use the prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes.
4. CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE: The winner (along with his/her parent/legal guardian if the winner is under the age of 18) must claim his/her prize in person at the WSHE-FM Studios, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, Illinois 60601, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within ten (10) days after the day he or she wins. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WSHE-FM (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). The winner will be required to complete a W-9 for tax purposes. If the proper forms are not completed and returned, the prize will be considered forfeited and will not be awarded. If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of WSHE-FM.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 21 years or older to be eligible to participate and win prizes in this promotion and be residents of Illinois, Wisconsin or Indiana. You are not eligible to enter this promotion if you or a member of your immediate family works for WSHE-FM, Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC or Hubbard Radio, LLC, and employees of other Illinois, Wisconsin or Indiana radio stations, or any of these companies’ parent or related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising agencies. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this promotion, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WSHE-FM within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WSHE-FM within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this promotion or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WSHE-FM contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year.
6. RELEASE; CONSENT TO USE LIKENESS, VOICE AND ADDRESS: The winner must execute an affidavit of eligibility. The winner (a) agrees to release and indemnify Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and Hubbard Radio, LLC (including their officers, directors, employees and subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies) from and against any and all liability, claims, damages and actions arising directly or indirectly out of or sustained in connection with the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize(s), (b) agrees that no sponsors or agents have made any representation, warranty or guaranty relative to the prize, and (c) consents to the use by the sponsors for promotional purposes only of his/her (including the posting of the entry on WSHE-FM’s website) By participating in this promotion, each participant agrees to the application of these official rules.
7. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winner, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to be postmarked by March 31, 2016, to: Winners List, the Most Beautiful Eyes Promotion, WSHE-FM, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, Illinois 60601.
Return to list of Contest Rules