Online Contest Runs 04/11/2016 02:00pm - 05/09/2016 04:59am
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WSHE 100.3 – The Happiest Pet in Chicago Promotion (the “Contest”) is open to viewers 18 years or older and residents Illinois, Wisconsin or Indiana. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WSHE 100.3, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, Kriser’s Natural Pet (“Promotional Participant”), including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (“Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Wisconsin, or Indiana radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this promotion, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WSHE-FM within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WSHE-FM within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this promotion or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WSHE-FM contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period – The Contest begins at 9:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on April 11, 2016, and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on May 1, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
3. How to Enter – To enter, visit www.wshechicago.com (“Website”) during the Contest Period, find the Contest tab on the Website, then find, complete and submit the online entry form, which includes your name, email address, address and telephone number, and submit a photograph of your dog or cat at their happiest. Sponsor is not responsible for problems accessing the Website or completing the entry, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this Contest. Any person submitting more than one entry or an entry without a photograph attached may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid or misdirected entries, which may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) entry per person. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
4. How winner is determined and notified – From the entries submitted, a panel of judges comprised of Sponsor staff members, in their sole and absolute discretion, will determine four semi-finalists who receive the four (4) highest scores based on, but not limited to, the following judging criteria: (1) visual happiness of the pet (49%), and (2) uniqueness of photo submission (51%) (“Judging Criteria”). The four (4) entries who received the highest scores using the Judging Criteria will be deemed the Semi- Finalists. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the uniqueness of photo submission category will be deemed the winner from among all tying entries. Once the four (4) Semi-Finalists are selected, from 9:00:00 AM CT on Monday, May 2, 2016, through 11:59:59 PM CT on Sunday, May 8, 2016 (“Public Voting Period”), viewers may log on to www.wshechicago.com and vote for the “pet” that they would like to win; limit of one (1) vote per person throughout the entire Public Voting Period. The Semi-Finalist with the most votes during the Public Voting Period will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the Public Voting Period will be extended for twenty-four (24) additional hours to break the tie. If after the extended twenty-four (24) hour period a tie still exists, the names of all tying entries will be put in a random drawing to be conducted by Sponsor to determine the winner. Each Semi-Finalist and the Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone and/or email and announced on the Website.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – One (1) Grand Prize – $500, a full grooming experience at the Kriser’s location of their choice, and the winning pet (which will be professional photographed at the Kriser’s location OR WSHE Studios before May 20th, 2016 and with approval and/or editing in WSHE’s sole and absolute discretion) will be on display throughout the Chicagoland area on a billboard. ARV: $575.00. There is no retail value associated with the pet photograph being on a billboard portion of the prize. Three (3) First Prizes (to be awarded to the remaining Semi-Finalists who are not the Grand Prize winner): A $100.00 Kriser’s Natural Pet Gift Card. ARV: $100.00 each. Gift cards are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the card.
Winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting the Prize. Winner may be required to sign liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing a Prize Release, the winner accepts the Prize, and even if the winner does not use the Prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes. Sponsor may substitute any prize, or portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value for any or no reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Claiming the Prize – The winner must claim his/her prize in person at the Kriser’s Natural Pet location of their choice, OR WSHE-FM Studios, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, Illinois 60601, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within ten (10) days after the day he or she wins. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WSHE-FM (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). The winner will be required to complete a W-9 for tax purposes. If the proper forms are not completed and returned, the prize will be considered forfeited and will not be awarded. If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of WSHE-FM.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness – By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions – Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability – The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law – Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Winner’s List/Official Rules – For the names of the winners, see the Website during the Public Voting Period. For a copy of these Official Rules, see Website until June 1, 2016.
13. Sponsors – Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WSHE 100.3, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, IL 60601.
Return to list of Contest Rules