OnAir Contest Runs 10/17/2016 05:00am - 11/18/2016 06:00am
SHE Pack Up and Play
- HOW TO ENTER/HOW THE WINNERS ARE CHOSEN. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This sweepstakes will run Monday October 17, 2016 through Friday, November 18, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- On Line Entries. From 9:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on October 17, 2016 through 12:00 PM CT on November 18, 2016 (“Registration Period”) visit www.wshechicago.com (“Website”) and type in the keyword Funjet to find and complete the official online registration and entry form.
Limit: One (1) entry per day per person. one (1) winner per person and household.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prizes – The winner will receive a four (4) night trip for four (4) with Funjet Vacations to Finest Playa Mujeres in Cancun, Mexico, which includes round-trip charter airfare from Chicago to Cancun, Mexico, four (4) nights hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy) at the all-inclusive Finest Playa Mujeres in Cancun, Mexico. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,250.00 per person. If the winner and/or his/her guest misses the flights as scheduled, the winner will forfeit the prize. If the winner and/or his/her guest is not present for the designated return flight, he/she is solely responsible for his/her return to Illinois. All other expenses not mentioned herein, including without limitation, food/beverages not included in the all-inclusive plan, additional hotel amenities, fees and gratuities, are the responsibility of the winner and traveling companion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is unavailable for any reason. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on the prize and all meals, gratuities, spending money, and all other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Government-imposed per passenger travel taxes are approximately $175.00 per person are not included and are payable by winner prior to travel. Each winner is responsible for his/her transportation to the departure city. Travel must be taken between the following dates: January 8, 2017 through January 31,2018. Travel and is subject to availability and is not allowed over holidays, blackout dates or convention periods. Confirmation will be given on a space available basis only. Once a reservation is made, no changes are permitted. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions, except as provided herein. Winner is responsible for providing all necessary travel documentation, including passports. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: As of January 23, 2007 all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea travel. For more information please visit the State Department’s consular website www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website www.dhs.gov. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced women traveling under names other than what is printed on their travel documents, must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree. Funjet Vacations will not rebook or revise any reservations if travelers do not possess a valid U.S. Passport by their date of departure. Travel arrangements are subject to availability. Winner and guest will be required to sign the Funjet Vacations Bill of Rights.
A qualified winner must also meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 5 of these rules. The winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing the Prize Release, each winner accepts the prize, and even if the winner does not use the prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received by each day’s random drawing.
- CLAIMING YOUR PRIZE: Each winner must complete the required paperwork within thirty (30) business days of the day he/she wins to verify that he/she is a qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WSHE-FM (e.g., state drivers license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). Winners will be required to complete a W-9 for tax purposes. If the proper forms are not completed and returned, prizes will be considered forfeited and will not be awarded. If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed prizes remain the property of WSHE-FM. Once the necessary paperwork is completed, a check will be mailed to the winner.
- ELIGIBILITY: Individuals must be 21 years or older to be eligible to participate and win a prize in this sweepstakes and residents of Illinois, Wisconsin or Indiana. You are not eligible to enter this sweepstakes if you or a member of your immediate family works for WSHE-FM, Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and Hubbard Radio, LLC; and employees of other Illinois, Wisconsin or Indiana radio stations, or any of these companies’ parent or related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising agencies are also not eligible to enter this sweepstakes. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this sweepstakes, you cannot have won or accepted any prize or combination of prizes totaling $600.00 or more from WSHE-FM within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this sweepstakes in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this sweepstakes and from participating in WSHE-FM contests/sweepstakes for a period of one year.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize ; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- Sweepstakes Winners: For the Sweepstakes Winner’s name (available after March 4, 2016), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 16, 2016 to: Winners List, Pack Up and Play” Sweepstakes Winners, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, Illinois 60601.
- Official Rules: For a copy of these Official Rules, visit the Contest page of our Website found at www.wshechicago.com.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station 100.3 WSHE, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, Illinois 60601.
Return to list of Contest Rules