Online Contest Runs 08/24/2017 12:00am - 05/31/2018 11:59pm
WSHE – Jewel Osco’s Teacher of the Month Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH NOMINATOR (OR HIS/HER PARENT LEGAL GUARDIAN IF NOMINATOR IS UNDER THE AGE OF 18) AND NOMINEE AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The WSHE 100.3 – Jewel Osco’s Teacher of the Month Contest (the “Contest”) is listeners between the ages of 13 and 18 who are currently enrolled in a public or private school in the state of Illinois, Wisconsin or Indiana, may nominate their favorite teacher at their school (“Nominator”). Each teacher being nominated in the Contest must be at least 18 years of age or older and reside in the state of Illinois, Wisconsin or Indiana and be employed as a teacher at the public or private school listed on the entry form (each, a “Nominee”). PLEASE NOTE that prizes awarded in connection with this Contest will be awarded to the Nominee and NOT the Nominator. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WSHE 100.3, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Jewel Osco, Apple Vacations (collectively, the “Promotional Participants”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively with Sponsor and Promotional Participants, the “Released Parties”) any radio, television or other media companies located in the Seattle area, and their immediate family, and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes Nominator’s (or his/her parent/legal guardian if entrant is under the age of 18) and Nominee’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on September 1, 2017, at or around 12:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on May 31, 2017 at or around 11:59:59 PM CT (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period will be broken out into nine (9) separate monthly periods which will each start on the first day of the month and end on the last day of the month during each month of the Contest Period (each, a “Monthly Period”).
- How to Enter: In order to enter, log on to wshechicago.com (“Website”) during any Monthly Period and click on the “Jewel Osco’s Teacher of the Month” icon to enter; complete the entry, which must include your name and telephone number, your relationship to the person you are nominating, along with the full name of the Kindergarten-12 teacher you are nominating, the school/address/telephone number and e-mail address of the school he/she teaches at, the grade/subject he/she teaches and a story about this teacher in 150 words or less. Kindergarten-12 teachers may be nominated by students, fellow teachers, co-workers, friends, parents, spouses, etc. A teacher may not nominate himself/herself. Sponsor is not responsible for problems accessing the website, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, or any other problems which might or might not result from this contest. Listeners may enter this Contest more than once in any Monthly Period, but may only nominate a specific Nominee once during any Monthly Period.
- How Winners are Chosen: From all eligible entries received during each Monthly Period, on or about the first business day following the last day of each Monthly Period during the Contest (beginning October 1, 2017 through June 1, 2017) a panel of judges, in their sole and absolute discretion, will select a monthly winner using the following judging criteria and percentages: the teacher’s overall involvement with students (25%), what the teacher has gone above and beyond the call of duty (25%), the impact the teacher has had on student’s lives (25%), and the dedication to the teaching profession (25%). The Nominee in the story who receives the highest score using the preceding judging criteria from among all eligible entries received in each Monthly Period will be deemed a Grand Prize Winner for that Monthly Period, and will win a Grand Prize, pending winner verification. In the event of a tie, the Nominee with the highest score in the how the teacher has gone above and beyond the call of duty criteria will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner from among all tying Nominees. Non-winning entries from any Monthly Period will NOT be carried over to subsequent Monthly Periods. Sponsor reserves the right to award less than one (1) Grand Prize Winner per Monthly Period if not enough sufficient entries are received in any Monthly Period.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values: Nine (9) Grand Prizes (one (1) per Monthly Period) – A trip for two (2) adults for three (3) nights to the Rui Hotels & Resorts in Cancun or Riviera Maya, Mexico. Trip includes roundtrip coach airfare from the Chicago O’Hare airport to Mexico; ground transportation to/from airport/hotel in Mexico; three (3) nights hotel accommodations at Riu Hotels & Resorts in either Cancun, Mexico, or Riviera Maya, Mexico (of winner’s choice, subject to available); non-motorized watersports; all food/drinks at the resort; and assistance of an in-resort Apple Representative. Trip is valid through December 10, 2018. Taxes, insurance and applicable baggage fees, and additional expenses (such as excursions, spa treatments, phone calls and souvenirs) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Trip is subject to blackout dates and not valid during any holiday period, including 5 days before or after any holiday period. Trip is valid for two (2) adults only, who each must be at least 21 years of age or older as of the day of travel. Once reservations are made, no changes may occur. Travel dates are final and may not be extended. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the trip as stated herein for one of equal or greater value. The winner is responsible for tax and fuel costs (approx. $350-$415 per person), and must be at least 21 years old with a legal US passport to redeem the prize and be the guest. Additional air carrier baggage charges are the responsibility of the traveling passenger. Any optional service fees including seat selection, meals, and drinks are not included and are the responsibility of the traveling passenger. Should either the hotel or destination be dropped from the Apple Vacations product line prior to booking, Apple Vacations shall have the right to substitute a comparable hotel or destination. If the winner and his/her guest misses the initial flight as scheduled to Mexico, the winner will forfeit the prize. If the winner and/or his/her guest is not present for the designated return flight, he/she is solely responsible for his/her return to Minnesota. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: As of January 23, 2007, all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea ravel. For more information, please visit the State Departments consular website at travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website at www.dhs.gov. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced individuals traveling under names other than what is printed on their travel documents must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree.
The prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Each winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize, if any. Winners may be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each winner may be required to complete and submit a W9 tax form prior to receiving the prize, and Station will issue a 1099 to the proper taxing authorities. If the proper forms are not completed and returned, the prize will be considered forfeited and will not be awarded.
- Claiming the Prize: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named an official winner, a potential winner may be required to claim his/her prize in person at the WSHE 100.3 Studios, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, Illinois 60601, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within ten (10) days after the day he or she wins. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WSHE-FM (g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of Sponsor and/or Promotional Participant.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each Nominator (or his/her parent/legal guardian if any Nominator is deemed a minor in the state of his/her residence) and Nominee agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest and acceptance or use or misuse of prize ; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process of the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, Nominators (or his/her parent/legal guardian if any Nominator is deemed a minor in the state of his/her residence) and Nominees agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- Contest Winners/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, or the names of the Contest Grand Prize Winners’ (available 15 days following each Monthly Period), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by June 7, 2017 to: Winners List/Official Rules (designate which), WSHE 100.3 Jewel Osco’s Teacher of the Month Contest, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, Illinois 60601.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WSHE 100.3, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, Illinois 60601.
Return to list of Contest Rules