OnAir Contest Runs 03/02/2018 05:00pm - 03/16/2018 05:00pm
WSHE – “SHE Song Scramble” Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The WSHE 100.3 – “SHE Song Scramble” Contest (the “Contest”) is open to listeners who are 18 years or older and residents Illinois, Wisconsin or Indiana. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WSHE 100.3, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (“Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Wisconsin, or Indiana radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this promotion, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WSHE-FM within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WSHE-FM within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this promotion or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WSHE-FM contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on March 5, 2018, at or around 7:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on March 16, 2018, at or around 5:00:00 PM CT weekdays (“Contest Period”).
- How to Play: This is a listen-and-win Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners need to listen to WSHE 100.3 at or around 7:20 AM CT on weekdays during the Contest Period for the DJ to air the SHE Song Scramble (the “Montage”) of (4) four songs consisting of one released in the years between 1980 to 1989 (the “‘80s”), one released between 1990 and 1999 ( the“‘90s”), one released between 2000 and 2009 ( “2K”), and one released 2010 to 2018 (the “Today”). We will then play the Montage again later that morning at or around 11:20AM. The 25th caller who reaches the Station by calling 312-297-1003 after the Montage has aired in its entirety and can correctly identify the song titles of all four songs, in order, he/she will be deemed a winner, awarded $500 and the contest is over for the day. If the correct caller fails to identify the song titles of all four songs, in order, no cash prize will be awarded for that hour. In this instance the game will be played again at 4:20PM where we will again air the day’s featured Montage, only this time the grand prize will double to $1,000. The 25th caller who reaches the Station by calling 312-297-1003 after the Montage has aired in its entirety and can correctly identify the song titles of all four songs, in order, he/she will be deemed a winner. If there is no winner for this second round, there will be no winner for the day, and the amount that can be won the next day will go back down to $500. Each weekday morning will start a new contest with a new Montage with a chance to win $500 at 11:20AM.
Odds of winning depend on the number of listeners calling after the Montage airs in its entirety. Limit one (1) winner per person and 2 winners per household during the entire Contest Period.
Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Contest. Sponsor will not accept collect calls. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the Contest line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems which may or may not result from this Contest.
Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Prize Information: Up to 10 possible Grand Prize winners, each winning a minimum of $1,000 and a maximum of $2,000.00.
- Claiming the Prize: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named an official winner, a potential winner may be required to claim his/her prize in person at the WSHE 100.3 Studios, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, Illinois 60601, during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within ten (10) days after the day he or she wins. This is to verify that the prize is being given to the qualified winner. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim a prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting identification acceptable to WSHE-FM (g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of WSHE-FM. Upon winner verification and completion of all forms required in Official Rules 4 and 5, Sponsor will mail a check payable to the winner. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Sponsor not responsible for any lost, late, damaged, stolen, delayed, mutilated or returned mail.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest and acceptance or use or misuse of prize ; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Contest, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process of the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- Contest Winners/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, or the names of the Contest winners’ (available after March 21, 2018), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by March 7, 2018 to: Winners List/Official Rules (designate which), WSHE 100.3 “Song Scramble” Contest, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, Illinois 60601.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WSHE 100.3, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2780, Chicago, Illinois 60601.
Return to list of Contest Rules