Mariah Carey Holiday Concert Getaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: Hubbard Radio Chicago Mariah Carey Holiday Concert Getaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are 21 years or older and residents of the following counties in Illinois- Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry and Will; the following county in Wisconsin – Kenosha, or; the following counties in Indiana – Lake and Porter. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its stations WTMX and WSHE, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Indiana, or Wisconsin radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you or anyone in your household cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from Sponsor within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from Sponsor within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in Sponsor contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. .
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on at 12:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on November 4, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on December 7, 2022 (the ” Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter, listen to WTMX (101.9) or WSHE (100.3) during each Daily Entry Period on the station’s mobile app (collectively, the “App”). Each day you listen on the app, you will receive one entry into the contest. Limit of one (1) entry per person, per day. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, incomplete entries.
- Random Drawing: On or about the business day following the last day of the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) qualifier will be selected per Station App from among all eligible entries received, in a random drawing to be conducted by Sponsor, for a total of two (2) qualifiers. Odds of becoming a qualifier depend on the number of entries received from each Station App. Then, on or about December 8, 2022, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among the two (2) qualifiers and that Grand Prize winner will be awarded the concert getaway to New York City. Odds of being selected as the Grand Prize winner are 1:2.
- Prizes & Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”): Up to one (1) Grand Prize – $2,500.00. ARV: (1) Trip for two (2) to New York City with Round Trip Airfare from Chicago to New York City, Overnight accommodations the evening of 12.13.22 at a New York City hotel and tickets to see Mariah Carey in concert on December 13, 2022 at Madison Square Garden. No prize transfer or substitutes allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to prize unavailability or for any reason and only then for prize of equal or greater value. Prize winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Sponsor will provide the winners with an IRS Form 1099 reflecting their portion of the prize, or such other governmental tax forms that may be necessary, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Claiming the Prize: Upon winner verification, the winners, and the receipt of any signed liability and publicity release forms and W9’s (“Releases”) that may be required at Sponsor’s sole discretion, winners will either, as determined solely by Sponsor, be told how they will receive their prize in one of two ways as follows: (1) Prize Pick-Up: as a condition of being named an official winner, each potential winner must claim his/her prize in person at the Hubbard Radio Chicago Studios located 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) within five (5) business days of the day he or she wins, and upon Sponsor’s receipt of the Releases. Failure to comply with this deadline shall be deemed to be the winner’s forfeiture of his or her right to claim the Grand Prize. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting acceptable identification (g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. OR (2) Prize Mailed: Sponsor will mail out the prize to the winner(s) after Sponsor receives the Releases in the timeframe determined solely by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, damaged or delayed mailing of any prizes or Releases. Allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation or approval. By calling in to participate in this Sweepstakes, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope, to be postmarked by December 15, 2022 and received by December 24, 2022 to: Official Rules, Hubbard Radio Chicago Mariah Carey Sweepstakes (listing the specific prize), 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.