(NEW YORK) — You may have noticed the parking lot at your local mall is a lot more full lately than it has been since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, and new data suggests that’s happening nationwide.
The number-crunchers at Zenreach say in-store visits by consumers have jumped 28.5% from the start of the year, and 12.5% since the same time last month.
Calling it a “major triumph” for the pandemic-devastated retail industry, the company’s data shows store visits starting in January of this year even surpassed where they were before the lockdowns began in March 2020.
Zenreach also ranked the top locations in the U.S. where the most in-store shopping was occurring. Not surprisingly, they’re booming in states that began relaxing its lockdowns earlier, like Florida and Texas.
According to the data analysts at Zenreach, here are the locations with the greatest increase in visits, including the % increase since January 1st, 2021:
1. Texas — Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington (+51.9%)
2. Arizona — Phoenix-Mesa-Chandler (+39.2%)
3. California — Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario (+39.0%)
4. Florida — Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford (+36.5%)
5. Texas — Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land (+35.4%)
6. Atlanta — Sandy Springs-Alpharetta (+26.6%)
7. Nevada — Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise (+14.0%)
8. Louisiana — New Orleans-Metairie (+12.8%)
Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.